There are always questions about what is okay to eat during the 24-day Cleanse, here are some ideas. This is not a comprehensive list, but a list to help you understand the eating plan.
Set yourself up for success
- Plan ahead: write out a meal plan for the week
- Make a grocery list and stock up on exactly what you will need (feed your family this way too!)
- If you are going to work, pack your meals
- Eat within one hour of waking up so that you can fit all of your food in
- At first, you might have to eat “by the clock” to break old habits, especially during the first half of the day
Every meal should have protein and carbohydrates. But how much do you ask?
- Protein: at least 10 grams
- Carbs: under 30 grams
Why should you be eating this way?
- Carbohydrates are digested SLOWER when combined with protein
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Protein is needed to burn fat and feed muscle
- We need carbohydrates for many functions, including fat burning. However, too many carbohydrates at ONE sitting causes the fat storage process
- Carbohydrates are designed to give us energy. If we eat more at one sitting than what we actually need for energy, our bodies store it for later (as body fat). Body fat is stored up energy that didn’t get used
- 30 grams of carbohydrates is an amount that your body can use for daily energy needs, without going into surplus
- The exception: after very vigorous exercise, carbohydrates needs may increase to 45 gram